In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Daughter Mary Owen. We Miss You Every Second of Every Day!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bringing Home Macy!



"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

We are proud to introduce Macy Dubreuil Hebert to the world! This journey started for us a few years ago. We both had the feeling that if we were ever in position to save the life of a child we would do so wholeheartedly and without reservation. We feel that God's plan for us is very simple. He wants us to honor him, love each other and share the many gifts he has given to us with those who are less fortunate. We spent a great deal of time praying for God to lead us in the right direction. We knew that if we were faithful and willing to lay our lives directly in his hands he would show us our path.

A couple of months back we both started feeling like something big was coming for us. We could not have been more surprised the day a friend called us and said that she knew of a child that was going to be born shortly and was desperately in need of good parents. We spent that night talking and praying. It was very clear that this was the sign we had been waiting for. It almost seemed as though God had placed our fifth child directly on our doorstep.

There were several hurdles that we had to overcome during the process of bringing Macy home but I can tell you that seeing the smile on this little girls face when you hold her makes all of those hurdles seem insignificant. We feel strongly that when God calls on you to act you do so without question. God gives us all the ability to embrace him by sharing the love and grace that he rains down upon us each day. We cherish the fact the he chose us for this wonderful opportunity. He knows that we will give her the unconditional love that she deserves. Our children adore her and already treat her as their own. We could not be more fortunate to have her in our lives. Thank you God for this new blessing!


9 comments:

Kristi J said...

Ok..so I didn't know you posted again!!! I was so surprised when I saw it....I love the pics and that baby is adorable...I'm so glad she is in all of our lives!!! What a blessing!! Kristi

April said...

Macy is beautiful, look at those big brown eyes, I love them!!! Now, I just wished both you and Kristi lived near me, so I could see Macy and Lucy...

Bethany said...

I miss her (and ya'll too)! She gets prettier every day.

Kristi J said...

I need my Macy fix...what are your plans this week..call me in the AM, kj

Tracy said...

She is so very beautiful! Thank you for listening to His call....you are such an inspiration!

Sheri said...

Wow! Macy is really growing and looking more & more beautiful. I am sure she is glowing because of the enormous amount of love that is being poured into her from your wonderful family & friends. You guys are awesome & I know God will continue to bless you always!!! Sheri

Unknown said...

I LOVE the new pics of Macy. So Adorable. What an amazing story you all have. I love that kid.

Stephanie Walton said...

Hebert's, glad I found your blog. thank you for your steadfastness and openness.....you will bless us all! love, Stephanie

Janet said...

Remember the day we spoke and I told you that God only chooses warriors to create change? Well, God asked you and Jason if you are warriors. And you replied YES.