In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Daughter Mary Owen. We Miss You Every Second of Every Day!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Official! She's Ours!

Well the six months have come and gone. Today was our court date to make things official. Macy is now ours for good!!! Yeah! We can definitely call her an Hebert now. It started out being a crazy morning with the weather. Schools were opening two hours late and I wasn't sure if we would still be in court today but everything went well and smooth. I will have to say, from what I have heard about other adoptions this was the fastest and easiest one by far. Macy is the best baby ever. She is the most calm and laid back baby I've had. She has slept through the night since she was one week old, sat up alone at four months and is now crawling at six months and eating real food. I hope Macy knows how loved she is and how blessed we are to have her in our lives. Macy we love you very much and are proud to call you our daughter!



This is the judge that made it all official.



After court we walked across the street to Pucketts for a celebration breakfast. Several of our friends joined us there. Thanks guys for being there! I know what kind of day it was and you were all able to put your errands on hold for a few hours to be with us and let us know that you all really care. Thanks again, that means the world to me.



This is Macy during most of the breakfast. One day she will know how special and loved she is by everyone but for now she'll just try and get some sleep.



This is Jason and our attorney Ned. He did a wonderful job and we appreciate all the hard work he did. He definitely went above and beyond anything that he had to do for us. Thanks for everything.



Here is a picture of my sweet friend Laura and her baby that is Macy's age. I know they will be great friends.



This is a picture of my dear friend Kristi with Macy. Macy may actually grow up a little confused by thinking that she has two mothers since when we are together Kristi just loves to hold and love on her. I think she is actually just positioning herself to one day become Macy's mother in law. Kristi thanks for coming out in the freezing icy rain to help make this special day even more special.



9 comments:

julie said...

congratulations!!!!!

Tim Martin said...

Jason/Angie... I'm thrilled for you today. There are few things I worry about, but this was one of them. Having everything official makes me so happy for you. Congratulations.

Kristi J said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! I love this baby and I'm so glad it all went so smoothly...you truly deserve all these blessings that Macy brings into your lives!!! May she always be a reminder of Gods Love for your family!! What a sweet baby girl!! kristi

Bethany said...

What an emotional week for you guys. I am so glad everything went smoothly - I just wish I could have been at Pucketts with my crew to celebrate!

Unknown said...

I'm so bummed I could not be there. This has all been an amazing experience. God works it all out perfectly. You all are the perfect family for her.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

so excited for you guys ... you have to get the picture of you and macy from Kristi's blog ... your sweet beautiful face says it all ... it is such a picture of a mother and her daughter ... can't wait to see ya tomorrow ...

Kim said...

Congratulations Angie & Family. God is good! I remember well the relief and complete joy of having the twins adoption finalized. After a 26 month wait, Sam & Lucy offically became "ours" in May 2008. We could not be more excited for you all and give praise to God for growing your family in this special way. I hope to see you and all your babies soon!

The Morgan 4 said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for all of you!!

Tracy said...

congratulations! such a picture of our adoption by God! now "no one can snatch her out of your hands" John 10:29...so happy for your beautiful family! :)