In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Daughter Mary Owen. We Miss You Every Second of Every Day!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Our Sweet Angels Birthday

Today is our sweet Mary Owen's 5th birthday. I know she is in Heaven right now having a party but I am so sad I'm not planning one for her. It has been 3 years since we lost her but it seems just like it was yesterday. I don't have the words to describe how much I miss her. I think about her all the time and my heart aches to hold her. My parents were here this weekend and we started out the day going to the grave and decorating a Christmas tree for her. This is something we've done every year then we send balloon up to Heaven for her. Madison wanted to send a family picture and a letter to her so we tied it to the balloons and watched it fly up in the air. We have great friends who always make sure we are not alone on these special days so we went over to their house for dinner. Thanks for making this day a little better.


If tears could build a stairway,
And memories were a lane.
I would walk right up to heaven,
To bring you home again.

No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say goodbye.
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knows why.

My heart still aches in sadness,
And secret tears still flow.
What it meant to lose you,
No one will ever know.

You and angels around Gods happy throne,
I would have held you closer if I had known.

Happy Birthday sweetheart. We all love you and miss you very much.









10 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet girl. My God hold you tight today. Blessings,

julie said...

what a sweet, sweet day. i love that Madison sent up a letter and picture. i love the poem. i was honored to have dinner with you last night and i am blessed to call you my friend. i never did meet mary owen but i think about her often and miss her too.

Kristi J said...

What an incredible post!! You said it so well and the poem was beautiful!! I hope dinner brought your spirits up a little bit...you can't stay sad at our house for too long...it is just too wild :) You all are a special family and we'll never forget sweet Mary Owen!kristi

Tracy said...

thanks so much for sharing your heart and your joy and pain for sweet mary owen....what a beautiful child!

April said...

I have tears in my eyes thinking of you today and beautiful Mary Owen 's birthday, I can never imagine the pain you feel, but just thoughts and prayers for you today and what a great way to celebrated Mary Owen's life as it continues on in heaven...May God bless you..

Kristy said...

Know that we do continue to think and pray for you often.
Kristy

Kristi J said...

hey, go visit www.faithfulfroggers.blogspot.com this mother lost her son a few years ago and had a great way of remembering her son at Christmas..you might could do something similar, kristi

Kim said...

Lifting you up in prayer. Thank you for sharaing Mary Owen with us. Your birthday traditions for her are so sweet and touching! I can only imagine her smiling and watching with Jesus! Blessings, Kim

Unknown said...

Well I'm just bawling. What a great post. Yall are one awesome family.

Sheri said...

Okay Angie I know I am 7 months behind in regards to this blog, but I have to respond. Tears are streaming down my face & my heart hurts so deeply for you and your precious family. What a beautiful darling girl...Thank God for Heaven. That is about all I can type for now. I love you guys & miss you greatly.