In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Daughter Mary Owen. We Miss You Every Second of Every Day!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Another Amazing Story!

I was at Kristi's house Thursday but had to leave early so I didn't get to hear all of her story. The short time I was there she was such an inspiration to me that I wanted to get her message out to all of you. I have borrowed a dear friends post to tell her story. I could not have said it any better.


Let me introduce you to Katie. She is a 19 year old passionate girl from Brentwood, TN who has spent the last amazing year of her life in Uganda caring for hundreds of precious children. She went on a whim and a call from God last year after she graduated from high school. She not only teaches school to 150 kids, she has 10 kids in her home in Uganda that call her "mommy". She is home in the US for a few months before she heads back to her children and her life there. She has seen first hand the impact that Christ,food,love, school, and education has made in these kids lives. Now, as she is back home for this short time, a few of us are coming together to help her reach her goal for these kids. She has quickly realized that she can't do this alone. She needs people here to sponsor these children. She has 150 kids and has 44 of them sponsored for the next year. Visit Katies Blog and get inspired. Her stories are amazing and inspiring. Contact her to see how you can personally sponsor one of these precious children.


Gwen O (with her new interem care baby), Katie, Kelly


Katie at our get together today talking of her experiences in Uganda. She told one story of a 4 year old, 20 pound little girl that was left to die from Malaria because her family thought she was cursed. When Katie found her she immediately took her to the Dr who said she would not make it through the night. She had 107 degree fever and was dieing. Katie said she has never known what it was like until then to "Pray without ceacing". She prayed for that little girl all night long as she lay beside her in her bed. She would wipe her head off with a cool rag throughout the night and pray some more. Well this little 19 year old, with a miracle from the Lord, nursed this baby that was left for dead back to health. When she tried to return the healthy child back to her family they were furious with Katie for trying to return a "cursed" child. As she and the child both left in tears, that was all she needed to hear and she took that child home with her and Katie had her newest child that now called her "mommy".Stories like Katies as well as the stories of adoption that have come from these amazing women that God has placed in my life just keep me so in awe of God and all His wonder and Blessings.


This is baby Macy for those of you who remember me posting of her amazing story several months ago. I just absolutely love this child. God let me cross paths with her birth mother who was going to leave Macy in the hospital and then walk away. This mother intrusted me enough to let me lead her to this child's family that God planned for her from the beginning of time. God spared this beautiful, sweet little miracle from ending up in the system that thousands of babies end up in each year and just get lost in the shuffle. All because two people crossed paths.


Macy and her mom, Angie.


Of course, I had to sneak a pic with her.


Picture, courtesy of Nathan.


Suzanne,(holding one of hers) who has 4 biological kids and two domestically adopted children.


Tracy, with Levi who is from Ethiopia. She is wanting to go back for more.


Many thanks to Kristi for hosting a fantastic morning get together. Nathan had a blast running around with his cousin, Hal. Let me give you a quick run down of some of these amazing women in this picture. Kristi (has 4 bio kids and is adopting a baby girl from Ethiopia) Charlene (has 3 bio kids and is waiting for her baby girl from china), Tracy(has 2 bio kids, 1 from ET and is going back for more),Katie(has 10 kids in Uganda that call her mom),Gwen (has 2 bio, 2 girls from China, and is going to ET for 2 more),Suzanne(has 4 bio kids, and 2 domestic adopted boys),me(my 5 bio and 1 from ET). I love all these women because we are all alike. None of us are super moms, none of us have it all together, none of us went into this knowing anything about adoption or what God was calling us to. We all can say the words "I was scared", "I've thought about adoption" and we all can say, I said "YES" to it. Is it life changing....Yes. Many lives changed for the better. Is it a step of faith.....Yes. But thank God we only have to take the first step and He carries us the rest of the way.

10 comments:

Kristi J said...

Wow...I just love that post and couldn't be more amazed with this young girl!! And, I LOVE the pics of beautiful Macy!!! She is so adorable and precious!!! We had fun with you guys tonight, kj

Kristi J said...

you've been tagged, kj

Bethany said...

I wish I could meet all these girls whose blogs I love to read! Macy is precious, I can't believe how much she has grown. We miss you guys more than you know. I have an update, but have been to tired to blog, but we have a caseworker in AL now, and things should begin moving - slowly. Looks like April. Talk soon - Bethany

Sheri said...

Thank you for sharing Katie's story. She is quite the amazing young lady. It must be awsesome to receive a call from God @ that age & realize it. I will certainly keep her in my heart & my prayers!

Kristi J said...

Hey, post some pics of those cute kiddos on Halloween, kj

Unknown said...

Love the post! Ha. Oh, you have been tagged.

April said...

I love your post, such a wonderful story of a girl who listened to God's calling and what a difference she is making in the world!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

great post and what a fun day ... i do love it when we all get together .. it is so encouraging to be w/ like minded people ... I thank God for you !!!

Kristi J said...

I Love the new pics...so cute....can't wait to get my card, kristi

Kim said...

Just love your new photos! What a beautiful family! Hope our paths cross again soon! Blessings, Kim