In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Daughter Mary Owen. We Miss You Every Second of Every Day!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Making Pumpkin Playdough!

Tonight we decided to make pumpkin playdough. Madison had been asking me to make some and I thought now would be a good time. We made it last year but I think Morgan really enjoyed it this year. I love the smell of it and I hope they will have fond memories of us making this every fall.

They both took turns putting all the ingredients in and then watching it take shape.



They loved kneeding the dough and putting their fingers all in it.



Here is the finished product. It last forever and Madison loves giving some to all of her friends. Here is the recipe if you want it.


5 1/2 cups flour


2 cups salt


8 teaspoons cream of tarter


3/4 cup oil


1 container of pumpkin pie spice ( 1 1/2 ounces)


orange food coloring (2 parts yellow & 1 part red)


4 cups water


mix all ingredients together. Cook and stir over medium heat until lumps disappear and begins to pull away from pan. Kneed dough on floured surface until smooth. Store in airtight container.


I hope you all enjoy this and happy fall.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I guess I have to make my own this year. Thanks for the recipe!

Tracy said...

Never heard of pumpkin play doh....how fun!

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful bride you are!

Kristi J said...

Hey, miss you guys!! I've never made that before...can't wait to try it..what is pumpkin pie spice?? where do you find it?? give all the kids hugs for me...we'll be back on Sunday, kristi

Sheri said...

Pumpkin playdough?!? Who would have ever thought! Great idea & it looks like everyone had a great time!